Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Frugal Organizing

I believe that everything should have a place and that drawers should not look like this one does.

Of course, my family doesn't feel the same way that I do and that is why drawers end up looking like this!


Today I finally finished going through every drawer, cabinet, and the pantry in my kitchen.

In my effort to make things more organized I tried to make more little compartments for things in the hopes that maybe things won't get so out of place.

Of course, being the frugal person that I am I hate spending money on things that no one sees.

Enter...... my love of boxes.

Every time a new box comes into my house I see at as something special. I know, I'm a little weird.

Each different size box makes make think 'gift','storage', 'bring things to the thrift store', 'perfect for in a drawer.' So, yes, I have a huge section of boxes in one of my closets.

When I see little boxes I think of my junk drawers.

If you notice the large white one in this picture, I recently found it in my storage room holding a few things from our computer. It screamed to me "USE ME TO ORGANIZE!"


A few weeks ago I found some old checks from an account that was closed years ago. I knew the boxes would be perfect for this drawer.


Of course I have already found my dear husband taking something out of one of the boxes and putting it in another. I think he does it because he knows how crazy it makes me. But at least with all the different little boxes in the drawer it's easier for me to put it back where it belongs.

I can't wait to show you what I did with my spices!!!!

No comments: